Thursday, March 14, 2013

Happy Birthday!!!!

GOOD DAY TO ALL MY BLOGGIE FRIENDS!!

The moment I saw this adorable monkey cut on CAC2,
I knew I had to make a birthday card.Guess what happened? I ran out of brown cardstock. So using white cardstock  for the monkey cut and my Creative Inspirations (chocolate), I was able to paint my monkey. LOVE these Paints!
I used 3-D pop dots for the layering of her outfit and tag. The tag was made with a zig-zag scissor in which I distressed around the edges and stamped "Happy Birthday". I used pink crinkle ribbon from LSP and placed a flower on my adorable bow. Once my monkey was ready to go, I placed her on a Action Wobble for an Extra touch of CUTENESS but not before I embossed my pink cardstock with my cuttlebug and Doily Lace folder (Thanks Karen), and added 2 pink buttons with rhinestones.
Now,what do you think about my monkey?
She's a Cutie Patootie..lol!
Please say hello to Mandy!
 
ENJOY!! 
 
             Action Wobble               Mandy is wobbling around..lol
     
Thanks for stopping by.

RECIPE:
*CAC2-Birthday Monkey
*Cuttlebug w/Darice "Doily Lace" Embossing Folder
*Recollections Primary & Cupcake Cuties Cardstock
*K & Company Blossom Paper Pad
*Crinkle Ribbon:LSP
*Happy Days Stamp Set:Happy Birthday (CARDZTV)
*Action Wobble: (Here)
*Creative Inspirations Paint: Chocolate (Here)
*Buttons*Rhinestones*Flower*Googly Eyes*3-D Dots
*Zig-Zag Scissors*Distress Ink (For edges)*Glue Pen
*Corner Puncher*Pink Chalk*ATG*Hot Glue Gun
  
CHALLENGES:
Cuttlebug Mania: Pink and Brown
Action Wobble: #45 Seeing Double (2 buttons)
Everyday is an Occasion: Sunday Funday # 7
DL.ART: March Linky Party
Link Up Tuesday: Pink Cricut
Inspire Me Fridays: Anything Goes
TGIF: Linky Party # 87
 

32 comments:

  1. Your little monkey is a cutie! I love that Crinkle ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.


    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my....such sweetness! I love the pink and brown combo -and what an awesome job on painting that little monkey! Very clever! He's a cutie for sure and I love the embossing folder you used for the background ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling Monkey! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy is gorgeous, M!! How creative to paint her!! She looks sweet and beautiful!! I love the embossing and the colors you used!! This is such a happy card my friend...perfect for a birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful evening!! Hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to thank you for playing along at LSP!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet. I love the polka dot background on your dressed up monkey!! Very very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So super cute and great save on using the paint. Its Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cool card-- Love all the texture and patterns. and the monkey is adorable.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto what I said above and thank you for joining LSP

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwww!!! I LOVE this!! GREAT card, love the cute monkey and love that you used some CI paint :)
    Awesome birthday card!!
    Thanks for sharing my friend and have a GREAT night!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable! Love the colors and embossing! Great job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so creative-never would I have thought of using paint! Love the embossing on the background too :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful! Love the colors and the embossing is fabulous! What a cute monkey!

    I found your blog by way of someone else's and have enjoyed looking around....you are most creative!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, and now I am a new follower!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute!

    Hugs,
    Chriss
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mandy sure is a Cutie Patootie!!! Love how she pops against the pink layer and great embossing (what folder is that). You are so good at these CUTE cards.

    Sending you hugs and love
    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your girl, Mandy. She is so cute!

    God bless,
    Anita aka Nit

    Www.nitscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh she is sooo stinkin cute!!! Love this!
    Have a great weekend!!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness...this is packed with total sweetness:) How adorable! I love how you painted the monkey...how fun and what a way to come up with plan B-love it!
    I think I must get that embossing folder...enabler,lol! So darn cute!
    Have a great wknd!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Genius painting the paper you needed! The pink and brown combo is one of my favorites and the embossing is awesome...the ribbon makes the perfect resting place for you beautiful flower. thanks for joining the lsp challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute is that? Love the colors and that little critter is just too cute!!! Love the action wobble action too!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  22. My angelic friend, this is stunning AND sweet! :o) That must be one of the most adorable monkeys I've ever seen! I love the clothing, the bow, the googliness and wobbliness... and of course your genius idea to paint him. :o) I had never seen that embossing folder before. It's gorgeous! Love the colors and adore the flower/bow combo. Sweet and lovely as always, my talented friend. I hope you have a beautifully blessed weekend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. He is too cute and I love that wobble action! The embossed background is gorgeous too. Have a wonderful weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah, so cute. I love the embossing folder, I haven't seen that one before. Thank you for joining in at Cuttlebug Mania this week x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adorable! I love the colors you used, its such a happy card:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun card, I love the monkey, and the embossed background. Thanks for joining the Pink & Brown with Ribbon Challenge at Cuttlebug Mania.

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE this card! And great solution to your problem! Thanks for joining the Wobble Wednesday Challenge this week :)

    Jenny ~ Action Wobble DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your cutie monkey made TOP 3...congrats!!
    Creative Wishes
    Claire S
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such a darling card! I love the pink and brown combination! How fun that your monkey wobbles too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOL!! What a cute card, and Mandy is just adorable!! Nice work!! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. You made me smile.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

"