Friday, June 7, 2013

Keep Smiling....

GOOD DAY TO ALL MY BLOGGIE FRIENDS!
For the Silhouette "Print & Cut" Challenge: Here 
For the 2 Creative Chicks "Buttons, Bows & Brads" Challenge: Here
For the Cut It Up "Father's Day" Challenge post: Here
 
On Wednesday, (my birthday) I decided to make my bloggie visits early and brief.
I wanted to spend that morning just appreciating and praising the lord with the life he has given me. Beginning from the parents that he chose for me to have to every single person who has touched my life in every way that I can possible think of.
My day was filled with such peace, joy , and laughter...it was a Perfect Birthday for me!! Thanks to all my bloggie friends for leaving me such beautiful birthday wishes.
Plus I ate chocolate cake!! Yummy!
As I was making my bloggie visits I came a cross this post, which has not left my heart
ever since.....Over at Simon says Stamp Blog .
 
 
 
This is from the SSS blog.....
 
"Hi Bloggers!!  You may remember back in July of 2012, we introduced you to this beautiful and brave young girl, Maddy Justice.  She sadly was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia and went through chemotherapy treatment, followed by a stem cell transplant from her (then) fifteen year old sister Melanie. Three months later, we were thrilled to report to you in this blog that Maddy seemed to be on the road to recovery!  This January, we learned that she had relapsed, which unfortunately means she's going to have to go through this very physical and emotional pain again. That being said, we were overwhelmed and so happy with the response to our card drive last year, and we can also assure you that your cards and LOVE really touched Maddy.

  She found herself looking forward to the cards every day, and even made a game out of where in the world the cards came from with her family. They used a world map to locate the card origins! We're hoping you can help lift her spirits again!!"

 
Here is my card......
I had purchased this Ballerina file over at the silhouette store weeks ago but I was saving it for someone special. That someone is "Maddy". I want to be part of making her smile again.
I want to take part in lifting her spirits again and again and again.......
To start the base of my card, I used a sketch from Jo's Scrap Shack.
 My ballerina needed to be special, so I took out my needle and thread with some Tulle and made her a Tutu. She is adorable!!!!! I placed pearls on her bun(hair), tutu, and her ballet slippers.
I used a Peachy Keen Stamp for her adorable face and pink chalk on her cheeks.
I used a butterfly border which went perfect with my floral paper. I added a bow and a flower rhinestone that my bloggie friend, Diana had sent me. A perfect touch....Thanks Diana .
 
ENJOY!

I centered my Ballerina on top of a Spellbinder Nestabilities Label.
On the bottom of my card, I stamped " Keep Smiling".

Here is a closer view of my Ballerina.
 
Did I mention that my Ballerina will always dance.
Yes....she is on a Action Wobble!!!
So to all my bloggie friends,
If you would like to take part in lifting her spirits and making her smile again,
please send a card to the following address:
 
 St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Maddy Justice-Patient
262 Danny Thomas Place
Attention Mail Stop 108

Memphis, TN 38105


Recipe:
*Ballerina: Silhouette Store
*Cuttlebug
*Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 10
*Peachy Keen Stamps: PK-490 Everyday Character Face Assortment
*My Creative Time: Teeny Tag Greetings w/Teeny Tag Greetings (Keep Smiling)
*DCWV Floral Prints Paper Stack
*3 Birds Paper Trails Cardstock Borders
*DL.ART: Flower Rhinestone (blog candy)
*Action Wobble
*The Robin's Nest: Pearl Mini Dew Drops
*Cardstock*Tulle(Needle & Thread)*Ribbon*Foam Tape*Pearls
*Blue Distress Ink*Glue Pen*Pink Chalk(Cheeks)

Entering into the following challenges:
Simon says Stamp Blog: Cards For Maddy!
Jo's Scrap Shack:Fun Friday Challenge: A Sketch # 2
Craftin Desert Divas:Craft It Up Linky Party : Twine or Ribbon
The Paper Nest Dolls: Ribbon or Lace
DL.ART.Thankful Thursday: Anything Goes
Pink Cricut: Link Up Tuesday
Inspire Me Fridays: Anything Goes
Sunday Funday # 10: Linky Party


 Thank you for stopping by...

Blogger will no longer have Google reader as of July 1st. I have chosen BlogLovin to replace Google reader. If you have not chosen a replacement yet I highly RECOMMEND Bloglovin. Sign up for an account, transfer all the blogs you now follow on Blogger to your new account in just a few short steps and you are all set. You can organize the blogs you follow by category making it much easier to manage your blogs.

Please follow me using the button below so you wont miss a thing.

Follow on Bloglovin

19 comments:

  1. YOur ballerina is simply adorable that will really cheer her up. I love your colors.
    I love, Love, love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com


    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that you had a wonderful birthday! I love your sweet little ballerina card (her pearls are so cute). I know that this darling card will help put a smile on Maddy's face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card - love colours and love the ballerina. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday again....So glad it was a GREAT one!!!!
    What a beautiful card for this sweet girl! I know she will LOVE it and it will surely bring a smile to her face!!!
    Awesome job my friend! Thanks for sharing and hope you have a GREAT Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the ballerina. Thanks for joining in at Jo's for Funday Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card. She's a darling ballerina. Love her tutu. Maddy will love this one. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Millie this card is ADORABLE... Love how you added the tulle. That face will bring a smile to Maddy's face. You are such a sweet, loving and giving lady. Very happy to hear you had a wonderful birthday and I hope you have MANY MORE!!!

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad you had a joy filled birthday hun!! and now this totally adorable card will bring joy to sweet Maddie, what a blessing! thank you for sharing her story!
    have a beautiful weekend Migdalia!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card and a wonderful reason to use such a special image you found

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Millie~ hope your birthday was awesome....
    Love your card you made for Maddie... This will give her a twinkle in her eyes.. love the action wobble to it, and I'm sure it will have a happy smile from cheek to cheek when she get's this from you...You are so precious at heart..
    Enjoy your wonderful Friday and weekend ahead....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this sweet card, its too cute! Touching story.

    Glad you had a great b-day!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you had a wonderful, happy birthday my fabulous friend!! I hope you ate some chocolate cake for me, too ;) Your card is absolutely beautiful!! The ballerina is so sweet!! She looks amazing!! I love the colors and design!! This is just gorgeous, M!! She will adore it!! I hope to be able to get a card made for Maddie, too. Have a great weekend!! Huge HUGS :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely adorable! I love your sweet ballerina! She is so darling:) Happy, happy birthday!! So glad you had a great day!
    Have an awesome weekend!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you had a wonderful b-day! Maddy will love this adorable card. I love the tulle on the tutu and the pretty pearls. Wonderful job! You are a special lady my friend!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful card my friend... for a beautiful young girl. I love that you used tulle and made her a tutu. This will definitely put a smile on Maddy's face... it put one on mine and thank you for using the sketch from last week's challenge. I hope you give this week's challenge a try too! I will be sending Maddie a card. Thank you for sharing her address and her story.

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox
    Jo's Scrap Shack

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful card for Maddy. I'm sure it will make her smile from ear to ear! I love the extra details you added on the little ballerina! Glad that you had a happy birthday too!! Thanks for joining Jo's Funday Friday;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, what a sweet card!!!! Thanks so much for joining us over at Paper Nest Dolls in our Ribbon & Lave Challenge! ~ Valerie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. My sweet and angelic friend, this is positively gorgeous! Maddy will absolutely LOVE this. I've nearly purchased that file a few times.. isn't it completely adorable? You've given it such life with the pearly accents and gorgeous tulle tutu. And her face is so sweet. Your loving spirit shines so beautifully through this, my friend. (On a side note, I do apologize for the delay yet again... my spine hasn't been feeling so well, so I had to take it easy all week. I pushed a bit too hard for that mini album! Although it was worth it, of course.) :o) I am so thankful for you and your beautiful heart.

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful and inspiring story from an angel...i am very touch by maddys life
    But more touched i am that you continue to spread gods love compassion and the lords humility...keep filling the hearts of gods children pumpkin and your heart will overflow....your sister cheerio....i will pray for maddy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me bloggy love!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia