Sunday, September 15, 2013

2 Creative Chicks CH#6 "Scarecrow"

GOOD DAY TO ALL MY BLOGGIE FRIENDS!
click here for my Trendy Twine Post (2)

And it's time for another challenge!!
 

This month's challenge is: Scarecrow
     Begins: Sept 1 (Sunday)

      Ends: Sept 30 (Monday)

Sorry but any entry not following rules will NOT be approved 
*See Rules On Side Bar*
 
Sponsors this month are:
Prize $10.00 Gift Card
 
Creative Bug Digis
Prize: 5 Free Digital Files Winner's Choice
 
Little Scraps of Heaven Designs
Prize:$15.00 Gift Card
 
Here's what I created for the challenge: 

Last year I had won a gift card over at Nana's blog and with all the goodies that I was able to buy the Simply Scarecrow cartridge was one of them. I had used it only once and thought this would be a perfect opportunity to use it again. YES!!! I used my Cricut and it was so much FUN!
I have been using my Silhouette for quite some time now and had neglected my Cricut, sorry....
For the base of my card I used regular cardstock and pattern paper from DCWV:The Autumn Melody. Gorgeous pattern paper!
I cut my scarecrow at 4' with all it's layers and "Fall" phrase at 3/4. I used glossy accents on the phrase. I had to add the googly eyes, rhinestone on her hat, and glossy accents on parts of her outfit. Added the "Fall" ribbon and with a white gel pen stitched around the card as well as her outfit.

 
ENJOY!

She has a name, it's
"Sarah Scarecrow"!
Don't forget to link up your project over at 2CC .
Can't wait to see what you create! 
 
RECIPE:
Cricut
Simply Scarecrow Cartridge: Scarecrow & Phrase

 DCWV: The Autumn Melody
Cardstock*Ribbon*Googly Eyes*Glossy Accents
Twine*Button*Gel Pen
 
 
CHALLENGES:
  
Thank you for stopping by!


 
Please follow my blog via...
 
Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. This is really cute, great pattern paper and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, how stinkin' adorable is Sarah Scarecrow!! She just makes me smile!! I love the background paper and the fall ribbon!! Absolutely gorgeous card my fabulous friend!! Love it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! I love the pretty ribbon and the google eyes! Have a wonderful day.
    Big hugs Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable, what a great scarecrow! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute my friend!! Awesome card!
    Thanks for sharing and hope you had a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scarecrow is adorable! Love the fall ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute, m! love the scarecrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello sweet friend:) OMG! this is such a cute card and I loved the background paper you used:) Thank you friend for stopping by and all the sweet comments!!
    Big Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah is adorable and I love that great ribbon too :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww this is so cute, I love that little scarecrow and her googly eyes! Thanks so much for stopping by and following!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your little scarecrow M, she's adorable!!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, my angelic friend, Sarah is the sweetest scarecrow I've seen! :o) The faux stitching and googly eyes are such wonderful accents! The background pattern is GORGEOUS! I love that paper so much and the seasonal ribbon is a delight. :o) Always a pleasure to see what you've been up to, my dear friend! I'm sending you lots of love and hugs! Are things going well with work and all? I was away for a tiny bit as my spinal issues flare up something fierce with crafting.. and with so many Copic creations in a row, it was even worse from hunching over coloring for so long. :( Thank you for always praying for me! I won't let the pain prevent me from blessing others, but I am thankful that God is making me stronger and healthier every day. Your sweet thoughts help me to patiently endure, knowing I am in such loving hands. :o) I hope your day is as lovely as YOU are! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great fall card. Love the papers, cuts and ribbon.


    Thanks for linking up in September's Just Because Linky Party.


    Be blessed, Beckie
    Just B Creative Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg this card just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This turned out fabulous! Wow, the stitching looks awesome and I love the fun FALL ribbon! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me bloggy love!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia