Friday, January 24, 2014

C.I.U. Challenge #37: Through The Woods

GOOD DAY TO ALL MY BLOGGIE FRIENDS!

Happy, Happy Friday!
Are you ready for another fun challenge from
Cut It Up? 


C.I.U. Challenge #37: Through The Woods
(Anything that evokes wood, wood grain pattern paper or embossing folder, a die cut tree, or woodland creature, wood veneer...)
Challenge Starts: Januray 24, 2014
Challenge Ends: February 5, 2014  at noon EST
*Must use a Die Cut*

Sponsored By:

Scrappy Moms
Prize: Stamp Set (Winners Choice)
Website: Scrappy Moms Stamps

Here's my project for this challenge:
For Christmas, one of my neighbors who loves shopping at Michaels, came across a
lovely paper pad called "Crate". I immediately fell in love with the decorative paper
which I figured I would use for any Mother's Day projects. As this challenge came up I remembered that there was Pink Wood Grain paper.... Very PRETTY!
So with the help of CAC & CAC2 I was able to cut out the Owl with hearts and tree branch. 
I also used one of my favorite cartridges "When I was a Kid" for the Oval label. I then stamped
"I'll love you Owlways". Adorable right?....
 I added a pink bow on the branch & red skittles to my card.
Without knowing, I had made a Valentine's Day card!

ENJOY!
 
I hope you will head over to Cut It Up and see what my fabulous DT sisters came up 
with for this challenge as well as entering the challenge yourself! 
We would love to see what you create! 
 
RECIPE:
CAC2 Cartridge:Owl
CAC Cartridge:Tree Branch 
When I was a Kid Cartridge: Oval Label
 My Craft Spot: Cute Critters Stamp Set
Crate Paper Pad: Pink Wood Grain Paper
Recollections Cardstock
Recollections Heart Stickers
Ribbon*Skittles*Glue Pen*3-D Pop Dots*ATG

 
CHALLENGES:
Thank you for stopping by!

 

19 comments:

  1. This is super adorable!!!
    What a GREAT challenge and your cutie card is perfect!
    Awesome job!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owls look cute in pink, but then who doesn't? Love your card, Migdalia. You did a great job on that bow!!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh M, this is so sweet!! The owl is adorable!! I love that she is pink!! The sentiment is so perfect!! What an awesome Valentine's Day card my friend!! I love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that pink owl~ This is one hooting card!
    TFS - enjoy your happy Friday and crafty weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card and love the pink woodgrain paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card-love the woodgrain paper and the little owl is adorable! What a fun challenge!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This owl card is so cute and adorable! Now I want to make a owl card! Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card - love the owl. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so soft and sweet and I LOVE the heart wings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card my friend and I love the background wood look too:) Have great weekend my friend.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok M, this is the sweetest card! I love that owl and the wood patterned paper just awesome it up! Super cute my friend, so super cute!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a adorable card! I love the colors and the cute owl! Have a wonderful day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the owl craze. Cute cute cute. Thanks for joining our You Have My Heart Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    Design Team
    Delightful Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is precious! I love how you added the bow off to the side of the branch, it's a really neat touch.

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a pretty , pretty card !!! Love the background and that owl is adorable !!

    hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love owls, and this one is so pretty in pink! You are workin' the pink perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me bloggy love!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia