Friday, May 30, 2014

C.I.U. Challenge #46: "Summer Vacation"

GOOD DAY TO ALL MY BLOGGIE FRIENDS!
Happy, Happy Friday!
Are you ready for another fun challenge from Cut It Up?

C.I.U. Challenge #46: "Summer Vacation"
Challenge Starts: May 30, 2014
Challenge Ends: June 11, 2014  at noon EST
*Must use a Die Cut*

Sponsored By:
* ArtFul Delights: Card Kit
*Trendy Twine
: Sample package of 3 colors of Twine

 Here's my project for this challenge....
If there was a time in my life where I needed a vacation, it would be now...lol. Allergy season has not been nice to me. For my summer vacation I would love to go out sailing. I have never sailed before but I am always ready to try something new & fun.
I imagined my sailboat would be yellow & white with some Krazy For Kraft from Trendy Twine. I used the cartridge "When I was a Kid" for my label and the fun sentiment "Adventure Time" from CDD stamp set "Destination Fun". I stamped an anchor from the same stamp set on the bottom and made my rope from Krazy For Kraft from Trendy Twine.



ENJOY!!


I hope you will head over to Cut It Up and see what my fabulous DT sisters came up with for this challenge as well as entering the challenge yourself! 

lovetoplayatCIUbutton-1
We would love to see what you create! 


RECIPE:
KBD: Sailboat File
Silhouette Online Store: Waves
When I was a Kid Cartridge: Label
DCWV "Edumaction Stack"
Recollections "Stitch In Time" Paper Pad
Recollections Glitter Dots
CDD "Destination Fun" Stamp Set : (HERE)
Cardstock*Adhesive*Gel Pen*Distress Inks*Foam Tape

CHALLENGES:

Thank you for stopping by!


19 comments:

  1. Super AWESOME card my friend!!!
    LOVE the added twine embellishing!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday and weekend!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful M, I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute Millie. Love the way you used the twine. The boat is just too cute, Have a creative day.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun, summertime card! Love the sailboat and that amazing sunshine - great use of the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw love your styling sailboat. You would look awesome sailing in a stylish sailboat even if it's going around in circles....
    As long as the sea is calm no problem, but I don't like sitting in a bouncy boat... Not a great feeling being sea sick....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card and so perfect for any occasion!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely adorable, M!! I love how you used the twine for the sails and the anchor - so creative!! What a fabulous card - it makes me want to go sailing!! Love it my sweet friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cute card!! Love what you did with the twine!!! Love it!! Have a great weekend!!!!
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute !!! The sailboat makes me feel ready to sail away !!! Hope you have a wonderful day !!
    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! It has such a warm, calming feel to it! I tried sailing and it didn't go to well...didn't feel to good! A little motion sickness, ugh! I have a sensitive stomach when it comes to motion :(
    I hope you get a chance to sail my friend! I am sure you will love it!
    Have a great wknd!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. M~ what a fun happy summery card I love your design with the sunshine and the sailboat you created such a fun scene. I just had to stop by before I went to bed.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes May Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! I am ready to go to the beach...thinking about next Friday since my last day is Thursday. We don't have the boat any more, but I sure can enjoy the water from the shore.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card really floats my boat! Love it!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful card. Love the use of the twine and what a tiny anchor! Love this scene, fabulous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. My angelic friend, this is such a sweet card! I love your sailboat... I have such a thing for them! :o) The twine usage is marvelous, from the boat to the anchor hanging from it. :o) The sun is pure brilliance! (Get it?! Tee hee!) You are always so creative, Milliel! This is beautiful and I hope your allergies start behaving soon. I would love to sail away with you! I have the happiest of memories from sailing. Have a blessed and beautiful day, my dear friend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so sorry that your allergies are acting up... feel better soon!!! And your card is soooo cute... makes me want to go sailing with you!! Love how you used that twine!! Beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm having awful computer problems at the moment so I didn't get to come see this when you first shared it, so glad I was able to get a peek on FB using my phone! What a CUTE design, M!! the cut outs and layers are just fabulous. I love water related projects and this really makes my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. simply loving the boat and the whole scene! Great balance and colors and that anchor is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. You made me smile.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

"