Friday, July 29, 2016

What a hoot!

Good day to all my bloggy friends!
Happy Friday!
I hope that you all have wonderful weekend!!
For today's project I made Birthday Shaker card.
For my papers, I used Recollections basic card stock & chevron pattern paper. 
The purple chevron paper was a piece of scrap that I had left over from a previous card.
The adorable birthday owl is from the "What a hoot!" stamp set.
I colored the owl with Promarkers & Tombow-Dual Brush Pen Set. 
To make my shaker, I used the Bunch of Fun Circle Dies from My Creative Time.
I then filled it with purple & white sequins, white stars & pink beads.
I doodled on the die cut circle and party hat with a white gel pen.
For some pretty sparkle, I adhered a purple rhinestone on the pink bow, placed it to the top of the shaker and sprinkled purple sequins. Next, I stamped the "What a hoot!" sentiment from Pink & Main on a die cut banner and adhered it to the front of the shaker.


Here is a closer look at the pretty pink bow and shaker.


I was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches #247



Other Supplies Used:
Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue
Elmer's Craft Bond Tacky Glue
Foam Tape*Sheet Protectors




Thanks for stopping by.
I really appreciate the time you took to leave a comment.

25 comments:

  1. OMWORD!! Millie.. this is soooo DANG CA-UUTE!!! I just love that sweet owl in the corner and he's a shaker too! LOVE the CAS look! Fab Card! Have a wonderful weekend!!! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is so absolutely adorable, M!! I love the sweet owl!! So cute with his party hat!! I love that you made him into a shaker!! That pink bow is gorgeous!! What a fun and festive card this is!! I love, love it my dear friend!! It's so fabulous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stinken cute is this?! Woot~woot! I love it!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable!!! Love the colours, the purple really pops on the white!! Love, love, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your wee owl shaker card.... So darn cute.... It's CAS but yet so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awe....how adorable!! Love the purple paper behind ...you lined it up so perfectly! And love the little owl shaker!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how adorable! You know I love owls, this card is great!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, I love the shaker and the combination with the CAS style.
    Hugs, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love your sweet shaker card! Shakers are my favourite! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! Love the shaker element and the bright and fun colour combo you used!
    Have a blessed weekend. Hugs ~ Lena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love this my friend! You know I love owls!!! This is so cute and I love that you created a shaker from the sketch you were following. Brilliant! Hope you are having a great weekend! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card and also for linking it up in our Funday Friday challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeously created card, love the image and colours used...the papers look lovely ..xx

     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is super cute !!!!! Hahhaa love this

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so adorable! I love how the owl is peeking up over the sequins! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Millie, your work is filled with endless joy! What a darling card! The shaker is spectacular... not only he dreamy colors, but the shaker contents are whimsically delightful and I just want to hug the sweet owl! Beautiful work from your gorgeous heart, my dear friend. Have a sparkly night. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Millie this is such a sweet Shaker. Love the adorable owl and you colored it perfectly.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is gorgeous. TFS and joining us at Jo's this week for Funday Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. super cute, love how your little owl is peeking out!
    gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love! This is ultra cute and so very clever. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is lovely. Thank you so much for sharing with us in our Pink & Purple Challenge. We hope that you will join us for our new challenge. We love seeing your wonderful projects.
    Karen
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute as can be! I love the way you worked your shaker portion of the card - such a fun layout! That little owl is really cute and I love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  22. SUPER shaker card! Such a fabulous design and that sentiment is just perfect! I love the look of the patterned paper too. It leaves such a wonderful design for the frame!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me bloggy love!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia