Tuesday, April 11, 2017

KINDNESS CAMPAIGN CARD DRIVE

Good day to all my bloggy friends!
Happy Tuesday!
As I was visiting bloggy land I came across a card drive for a wonderful cause. 

It is the KINDNESS CAMPAIGN CARD DRIVE.

The Katy M. Murphy Foundation is a nonprofit organization founded by Katy's mom Amiee.  Katy had a congenital heart defect and lost her life at the tender age of 6. Amiee started the Foundation to honor her daughter's memory. Here is a small excerpt from the foundation's website:


KATY'S FOUNDATION IS NOT ABOUT A SAD STORY OF A YOUNG CHILD THAT DIED. IT'S ABOUT HONORING HER MEMORY BY HELPING OTHER FAMILIES THAT ARE ON SIMILAR JOURNEYS. WE HAVE BEEN IN THEIR SHOES AND WOULD LIKE TO HELP EASE THEIR LOAD IN WAYS THAT WE FEEL WOULD BE BENEFICIAL.

Did you know?:
 * 1 in 100 babies in the US is born with a Congenital Heart Defect; that's 1 every 15 minutes!
 * There are over 36 defined Congenital Heart Defects
 * Congenital Heart Defects are the most frequently occurring birth defects worldwide
 * Congenital Heart Defects are 60 times more prevalent than childhood cancer
 * Twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the US each year than from all forms of childhood cancer combined.

These statistics are scary.  These children spend so much time living in a hospital. The Katy M. Murphy Foundation would like to start sending out Kindness Kits to these families. Katy's Kindness Kits will be delivered to patients, inpatient, at Boston Children's Hospital specifically on the cardiac floors.  ( Other floors and hospitals may be added at a future date) 

The purpose of a Katy's Kindness Kit is to share a bit of happiness with a child, and their families, that are stuck in the hospital.  Each kit will contain items that brought Katy happiness during her many hospitalizations. Kits may include but are not limited to:

Colorful pillowcases, books, play dough, crayons, coloring books, iTunes gift cards, chap stick, nail polish, matchbox cars, puzzles, hats/blankets/wubnubs, uno cards, socks etc. etc.

We would like to add a handmade card to each kit and that is where YOU come in. We will need many cards and are turning to the card making community for help.

These are the cards that I made...



I used free digital papers for the cloud background & the yellow polka-dot which I used for the sun that I found over at Pinterest. For the card base, I used the Stitched Rectangles Dies from Gina Marie Designs. I purchased the Sun & Cloud file from the Silhouette On-line store and used my Portrait to cut out my die cuts.

The stitched cloud is one of my NEW crafty tools from the Rainbows & Clouds Die Set from Lil' Inker Designs. The Hello Sunshine sentiment which I think went perfect with the die cuts is from the Tiny Tags 3 from My Craft Spot (no longer in business).

I was able to make & mail out 30 cards to this wonderful cause.
To read more or participate please click on the link below:
(HERE)


Other Supplies:
Hampton Art Stamp Perfect Tool
Recollections Cardstock
Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue
Foam Tape

I am also entering my cards to the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. What a great cause!!! And I loveeeeeeeeeee the cards you made! They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, M, you are inspiring!! Thirty cards for an amazing cause!! They are so sweet and beautiful!! Truly happy cards!! I love the cloudy paper and the bright suns!! These will be treasured, my dear friend!! You are amazing...such a huge heart!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are AH-MAZING!!! 30 cards is a huge feat! They are super cute and I LOVE the sun.. makes me happy to see cards like this! Have a wonderful day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! What a fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Millie, what a great cause! 30 cards is amazing and how wonderful to take a part in that! your cards are so awesome! I love the digital paper and the big polka dot sun puts a smile on my face!
    Great job my friend!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Mig. It's so cute. What a nice thing for you to do. I know they will bring happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats and how inspiring are you to make so many cards for a wonderful cause.xx ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! 30 cards! You are definitely a rock star. These cards are sure to bring smiles to many faces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun and warm cards! What a wonderful cause you made these beautiful sunny cards for! Thanks for sharing with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love your sunshine card! It is delightful! Thanks for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love. love love this card. So brihgt and cherry. Loe teh layering and the way you have the un rising. Very cretive my friend.
    Have a creative day.
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ My Crafting Channel Shop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great cause! Love your cheerful and sunny cards for this card drive. Thank you for playing along with HLS April Anything Goes with Dies Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. You made me smile.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

"